Your eco-friendly hotel in Lucca
Grand Hotel Guinigi joins with Best Western Italy the LifeGate "Stay for the Planet" project, which allowed the mapping of consumption and behavior of the hotel based on five areas of environmental impact: Energy, Water, Waste, Purchasing and Behaviors.
The goal is to reduce the CO2’s emission by implementing energy efficiency measures and reducing environmental impact through responsible behavior.
Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi is therefore committed to a sustainable management of activities through:
- continuous monitoring of energy and water consumption
- recycling and separate collection of waste
- promotion of eco-friendly behaviors, even by guests
- focus on energy efficiency
- implementation of a high energy efficiency cogeneration system
- installation of charging columns for electric cars
The green philosophy of eco-friendly Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi is also found in initiatives in the rooms and in the internal management:
- electronic keys that guarantee the absence of waste when the room is empty
- energy saving light bulbs as alternative to common ones
- double pushbutton in the bathrooms, to allow a considerable saving of water
- small handbook available to guests in each room containing devices to save power during their stay (don’t leave the TV in standby mode, disconnect the charger, pay attention to the request for change of towels, optimization of the temperature of the room)
- bicycle hiring service and sale of bus tickets, to be requested directly at the reception
- monitoring of water and energy consumption
- separate collection of waste and batteries
- use of eco- cleanser
SCA Società Catene Alberghiere Srl
Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi
I-COSTAL CUP 5731.05122014.074000057
Project co-financed under Tuscany POR FESR 2014-2020
Best Western Grand Hotel Guingi in Lucca is equipped with a high efficiency cogeneration plant powered by methane gas with a thermal output of 105 kWt and a nominal electric power of 70 kWe.
The Cogenerator in Indoor set up has been supplied by the company Enplus srl of Brescia and is equipped with a MAN endothermic engine, an electric generator and an integrated heat exchanger.
With the investment the Best Western Grand Hotel Guingi in Lucca has improved the energy efficiency of its building, with a primary energy saving of about 24 TOE/year, and has contributed to the reduction of the climate-altering emissions by avoiding the release into the atmosphere of about 44 tons CO2/year.